Monday, October 20, 2008

remembering Bernie mac


Bernie Mac was an American actor and comedian . Born and raised on the South Side of Chicago, Mac gained popularity as a stand-up comedian. He joined comedians Steve Harvey, Cedric the Entertainer and D.L. Hughley as The Original Kings of Comedy.His most noted film role was as Frank Catton in the remake Ocean's Eleven and its two sequels. Mac also starred in several films, including Mr. 3000. He was the star of The Bernie Mac Show, which ran from 2001-2006, earning two Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series. His other films included Friday, Bad Santa, Pride, and Soul Men which was one of his final two films. the bernie mc show was the it. it made me laugh all the time.On August 9, his publicist announced that Mac had died from complications of pneumonia unrelated to sarcoidosis. The 2008 Bud Billiken Parade, held in Chicago on the day he died, was dedicated to his memory. he will always be remembered

3 comments:

MiMi4 said...

He was a good actor and comedin. God rest his soul. He had good heart.

"TipToeJoe" said...

He was funny, but its a shame that he died. I use to always watch his show when it came on tv.

Da chick dats Moe Realer than REALITY! said...

I LOVED BERNIE MAC. I WAS KINDA SAD WHEN I HEARD THIS NEWS. BUT HE INSPIRED ME TO GET MY HEALTH ON TRACK AND KEEP IT THERE BECAUSE I KNOW IT WAS IMPORTANT TO HIM AND MINE IS IMPORTANT TO ME. BUT HE WILL ALWAYSED BE REMEMBERED.